My thoughts on the State of the Union Speech by President Bush.
- I think we definitely need more black politicians, people like Ludacris or Missy Eliot, or even Stanley Crouch or Oprah Winfrey… why? Because at least when they are talking bull crap they will have some passion in their voice. They would act like they care. Bush was limp, lame, and lazy in his rhetoric.
- The 43rd President was woefully ideologically inconsistent. He lauded the massive increase of No Child Left Behind, a federal wasteland of funds and broken promises (see below for how absurd that legislation really is) while at the same time talking about “Pell Grants for Kids” that talked about 300 mil for inner-city private school funding. Which is it Bush? Public or private education? Local or federal control? Get some ideological cahones!
- He spent an awful lot of precious time in describing the state of our union talking about the state of the Iraqui people’s dis-union. He repeated his mantra of freedom by the sword. Exhorting the American people that “these moments of liberty have inspired us” when talking about Iraquis raising ink-stained fingers used for voting. What struck me was how little he believed what he was saying (see #1) he seemed to be convincing himself while he was saying it. He still talks about “delivering” justice, and our “armies of compassion” that are on the ground in the Gulf. He compared a Free Iraq with its polar opposite a Failed Iraq and one of the requisites of a Free Iraq was that it would be a Friend in the War on Terror. That sounds to me like a Puppet Iraq.
- He used phrases like: “embolden the purveyors of false populism” talking about Columbia “our friend”
- He cleverly linked two things. While talking about Medicaid and Medicare and Immigration he started that portion of the speech saying: “Entitlements and Immigration”. As if immigrants are looking for a handout! Sheesh, the people looking for handouts are American citizens jumping over their ideological fences to get their $600 “stimulus” check. Immigrants are looking for work. Why this morning I saw a team of South Americans laying concrete for the city of NY at a bus stop on my block.
- When he talked about Afghanistan he said: “Afghanistan-America
–and her allies”… WOW, I did not know we had a new state called Afghanistan! Actually,
Barack Obama did the same thing in his response to Bush. Obama talked about
exiting Iraq and focusing out energy on Afghanistan. What on earth is the most
powerful country in the world doing bullying the weakest nation in that region?
Poppy. Heroin. America knows it’s a Gangsta-State and that gangsta’s need to
control the flow of drugs. IN fact, much of that heroin goes into Iran which
has one of the biggest heroin addiction problems in the world. Perhaps they DO
have a alternative to air strikes and it sounds a lot like the plan the US used
to mentally and spiritually cripple the inner-cities of the USA in the 70’s and
80’s with crack…
- Dr. Karim: on point #6, you could also make a link to the use of opium by the British to suppress the Chinese in the late 19th century... by far the most targeted and successful use of narcotics to demoralize a people, incidentally, poppies from the same place produced the heroin of today and the opium of back in the day (in the latter case, much of the processing was done in British India)
Those are my points. Take em or leave em. Comment if you dare.
don’t believe the hype,
* No Child Left Behind -- Football Version
1. All teams must make the state playoffs and all MUST win the championship. If a team does not win the championship, they will be on probation until they are the champions, and coaches will be held accountable. If, after two years, they have not won the championship, their footballs and equipment will be taken away until they do win the championship.
2. All kids will be expected to have the same football skills at the same time even if they do not have the same conditions or opportunities to practice on their own. NO exceptions will be made for lack of interest in foot ball, lack of desire to perform athletically, or genetic abilities or disabilities from themselves or their parents.
ALL KIDS WILL PLAY FOOTBALL AT A PROFICIENT LEVEL!
3. Talented players will be asked to work out on their own, without instruction. This is because the coaches will be using all their instructional time for the athletes who aren't interested in football, have limited athletic ability, or whose parents don't like football.
4. Games will be played year round, but statistics will only be kept in the 3rd, 8th, and 11th games. It will create a New Age of Sports where every school is expected to have the same level of talent and all teams will reach the same minimum goals. If no child gets ahead, then no child gets left behind. If parents do not like this new law, they are encouraged to vote for vouchers and support private schools that can screen out the non-athletes and prevent their children from having to go to school with bad football players.